collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: May 20, 2000  (Read 5593 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
May 20, 2000
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »
Quote from: "Pete3206"
Setting fire to flags? WTF?

As the coaches were heading out of the car park this year, we all came to a standstill 'cos Wembley's access roads are all so terrible and winding, so we were sat there for about five or ten minutes watching a group of Chelski fans beside a coach (God knows why they were there and not on the Tube, unless they were from Bournemouth or another Mockney enclave) and one fat middle-aged fucker pulled out a Villa flag, gave it to his son and lit it.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
May 20, 2000
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 10:03:54 PM »
I'd more or less erased that day from my memory. I can't believe it was 10 years ago, it's gone really quickly. It also feels like Groundhog Day, in that nothing much has changed when all's said and done. Achievement levels that is.

Offline Holte L2

May 20, 2000
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »
Quote from: "curiousorange"
That last tale reminds me of being on the coaches at Wembley at the semi this year and watching as dads set fire to Villa flags in front of their little'uns and giving it the 7, safe in the knowledge that we couldn't do anything about it. Classless c***s.

Yeah I saw that, little b@stards.

I felt we we're going to beat them this year. Mabe we would have with nine f*cking men as it should have been!

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
May 20, 2000
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
Bloody terrible. Not unlike the 2 this year really. Apart from we couldn't blame the ref then.
I was still there when the cup was presented and I remember Gregory walking briskly past us (I was on row 2). He was getting an ok reception but clearly wanted to forget about it like everyone else. As the announcer was doing all the blurb "And now the 2000 FA Cup final winners..." he started walking increasingly quickly until he was virtually breaking into a sprint so he'd be down the tunnel before the cup was presented. Quite amusing to witness. Maybe after that shambles he had a premonition of his next 10 years in management and couldn't handle the shame!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal