collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Milner Novela... Final episode page 296  (Read 644758 times)

Offline GullyFoyle

The Milner Novela
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
Didn't Randy say last week that James Milner will not be sold?  Mon is staying, so he must believe that with the money he can raise and whatever Randy gives him, he can improve the team.    
If you have a player who has one good season, a purple patch, and someone offers you silly money, of course you take it. But Milner is the sort of player who will only get better. A new contract, a good World Cup, another good season and £24 Mil would just be a down payment.

Offline boboonthecorner

The Milner Novela
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
Mr Lerner isn't stupid. No chairman would sell their prize asset before the World Cup. I posted this link originally late last night and didn't really think about this. Poor journalism....

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
The Milner Novela
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
Just paper talk, season is over World cup hasn't started they have column inches to fill, pay no attention. By the end of the summer we ill have been linked with many playes and our best players linked with other clubs. Until MON says there is any truth in it or I see Milner holding up their shrt next to custard pants then ignore.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

The Milner Novela
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
Quote from: "garyfouroaks"
Quote from: "Countryside Villain"
 We are not a feeder club and shouldn't be seen as willing to part with our best players every summer.

I am a huge Milner fan, I thought he was great in his loan season, and has been outstanding for us as a permanent signing. I don't wnt him to go.

But the reality is that this summer he is going to be seduced by all those other high-rollers at the World Cup and Randy will have the prospect of a tify profit to consider - to offset a number of transfer losses.The resale values of Harewood, NRC, Petrov and Sidwell are perhaps £10m between them - as opposed to the £25m odd outlaid.

Feeder club? It is only in recent years that the better clubs have wanted our players.

If he has a good world Cup his value may go up. I still don't want him to go but as long as we replace him with equal or better I don't mind but the problem is finding someone equal or better.

Ireland would be good, maybe we can use him in a swap deal. Maybe throw in Johnson & Richards

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
The Milner Novela
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Fletcher"
I honestly wouldn't trust MON to spend the proceeds wisely.

Yes, it's not like he could find a young player at a struggling club and within two years change his position, get him to be a certainty for the World Cup and at least double his transfer value.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
The Milner Novela
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
As I've said elsewhere. If Man United come in for him, I couldn't blame him for wanting to go there.

Offline Irish villain

The Milner Novela
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
We need to hold onto him for another season at least. We need another crack at the top four and have been getting closer (slowly but surely) over the last couple of seasons.

If he wanted to move next year after we had taken a step backwards I would understand but he seems to have a genuine affinity for villa and seems to appreciate his time here on loan a few years back.

Besides, £24m?? We'd be mad to accept anything less than about £35m for a young English player about to enter the prime of his career.

Offline YamPie

The Milner Novela
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
Quote from: "John M"
I honestly wouldn't trust MON to spend the proceeds wisely.

Yes, it's not like he could find a young player at a struggling club and within two years change his position, get him to be a certainty for the World Cup and at least double his transfer value.

LOL

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
The Milner Novela
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
In our favour - he's only been here a year (which is not going to go for us with players like Ashley, who have given it what they might term a fair shot with us).

Against us - it is Manchester United.

I'm now hoping Milner doesn't get too much of a run out in the World Cup.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
The Milner Novela
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
In our favour - he's only been here a year (which is not going to go for us with players like Ashley, who have given it what they might term a fair shot with us).

He's probably too knackered having played so much this season to get a decent run.

Offline Mazrim

The Milner Novela
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

Two years, but you're right, he hasnt been here long enough to give up on any chances of us achieving his ambitions and he's still very young.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
The Milner Novela
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
I love Milner, but £30m+ would be too good to turn down.

Let's say we got a silly offer, say money and a combination of Ireland, Richards/Onuoha, Santa Cruz and then used the money on someone like Carrick, we'd be alot better for it, IMO.

Offline sfx412

The Milner Novela
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »
Our transfer funds are limited, so if we want to overhaul the squad, we may have to sell.

I've been trying to find a reference to that could you help please.

If Milner or anyone else goes I'm sure it will be only as a result of our incapability to meet the demands made by top clubs.
General K says our aims are the same and Mon is doing sterling business so where's the worry.

I kept reading Mon was off because of this paucity of funds, losing it with RL etc. Has that happened yet ?

I don't think so, although I do think there's a good chance 1 or even 3 players we don't want to leave might.

Such is life with clubs happy to finish 6th surely.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
The Milner Novela
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11:23 PM »
I do hope no one is falling for this idle paper talk. This is most predictible piece of news any paper can conjure up. Nothing new here someone is putting 2 & 2 togather and making 5. (Fabio said  and who in the squad and what clubs...Easy)

Having said that everyone has  a price and anything less than £30m would be suicidal for RL.

Offline cheltenhamlion

The Milner Novela
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 02:41:24 PM »
A slight change of tack here but I would be very surprised if Onouha is at Man Citeh next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal