collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New North Stand - Picture  (Read 23692 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
New North Stand - Picture
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
It's a pretty poor photoshop effort based on the previous plans drawn up under HDE.

RL has said as this point he's not even sure if the old stand will be demolished as part of the renovations. But either way, if he was going ahead I'd wager his plans would probably be different now to something first drawn up in 2000.

Offline d.boy junior(sid)

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
It would be great to see it happen, only thing is the issue with the groundsman, but im sure they will be able to come up with some arrangement :)

Offline Pete Green

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 07:10:09 PM »
Quote from: "KevinGage"
It's a pretty poor photoshop effort based on the previous plans drawn up under HDE.

You must be good at Photoshop mate, if you think that's poor. (I use it professionally and I reckon it's a top-notch job). Or did you mean it's a poor guess at what it might actually look like?

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
Remind me not to send any graphic design work your way. ;)

For a start: the corners are ugly, particularly the Witton/ North stand section. The rest of the roof from about two thirds of the way down on the new structure looks like it's been added on as an afterthought.

The style of the roof looks like it is based on the designs commisioned by Herbert in 2000. Everything the General has said on the subject indicates we will not be following those plans.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
Don't like the idea of the North stand being bigger than the holte, and I also prefer the block layout we have now, as opposed to the circle shit.

How would we fill 50,000 anyway? :(

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 08:41:38 PM »
At the start of the Prem we were barely averaging 25,000. A few years prior to that, even less.

I guess it ultimately depends whether you live in a bubble or not and think only now matters, that there is no possible chance for growth/ progression despite a fair degree of recent evidence to the contrary.

I'll nick this from another site as it's also worth bearing in mind:

Incidentally, selling it out for only five games a year and averaging 38,000 for the rest would mean an extra 60,000 sold seats with an average spend (including programme, beer and burger for some etc) of around £40. That would bring in £2.4m. Add that to the increase in hospitality and even without regularly filling the stand you're looking at £4m a year in extra income.

You don't have to sell out every week for additional capacity to become viable.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
The outside is more important to me than the inside in some respects. Increasing the capacity without filling in the corners will be very hard to do. That is unless you build a monster free standing stand at the end which will dwarf the other three and look ridiculous.

I hope that the outside pays homage to our history and brings back some of the tradition we value so greatly. The Holte mosaic should be some guide to the future exterior of the North.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
Quote from: "usav"
I am suprised nobody has pointed out that the Doug Ellis stand is no longer.

What do you mean?

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "toronto villa"
The outside is more important to me than the inside in some respects. Increasing the capacity without filling in the corners will be very hard to do. That is unless you build a monster free standing stand at the end which will dwarf the other three and look ridiculous.

I hope that the outside pays homage to our history and brings back some of the tradition we value so greatly. The Holte mosaic should be some guide to the future exterior of the North.

What he said

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

Do this.

We must have a monster stand behind the goal. It's a Villa tradition.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »
Quote from: "newtonsballs"

What do you mean?

The big sign facing onto the pitch has gone but there is a smaller one on the side facing the Holte still.

Offline myf

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

I agree about the outside being important - too many grounds these days are identikit.  However, I don't want anther pastiche stand like the Holte - reminds me of when I heard a Fulham fan saying that it was designed by Leitch!  

I'd much prefer something really modern and striking which becomes an architectural landmark, particularly from the the M6 and Expressway.  Something a la Selfridges or the New New Street design.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »
I also use Photoshop professionally and that is a good job.

In any case, its probably not Photoshop at all but 3D modelling software.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »
Quote from: "achilles"
Quote from: "bigad82"
I was hoping for a grass bank at the back.

You must be as old as me! ;-)

And me!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »
Quote from: "villasjf"
Quote from: "newtonsballs"

What do you mean?

The big sign facing onto the pitch has gone but there is a smaller one on the side facing the Holte still.

It's been gone for ages.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal