collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New H&V out tomorrow  (Read 17446 times)

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
Re: H&V subscriptions
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Do you need more people to sell H&V? 

Bear in mind that I don't want the route that all the fat, ugly, smelly people walk past. I have a reputation to uphold. For example I could sell them at Selfridges or Harvey Nichols. <jk>

What sort of training do you provide?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: H&V subscriptions
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
Do you need more people to sell H&V? 

Bear in mind that I don't want the route that all the fat, ugly, smelly people walk past. I have a reputation to uphold. For example I could sell them at Selfridges or Harvey Nichols. <jk>

What sort of training do you provide?

Following our latest revision, we are looking for new staff on an ad hoc basis. Training is uneccessary as the art of taking money from the unsuspecting cannot be taught.

Online dave.woodhall

Re: New H&V out tomorrow
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »
New edition on sale at the match tomorrow. Still £1.50, and yes, it does include the Last Departure of Martin.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »
Training involves the following:

1. training in giving 'the medusa look' to those inquiring if it is the programme
2. training in refusing to return money to the aforementioned who think its the programme
3. training in multi tasking [i.e talking and still spotting sales as they walk on past]
4. voice training to get the 'Heroes and Villians thee Villa fanzine' just right
5. fitness training for carrying Dave's loot
6. fitness speed training [we had to get from the North Stand to outside the Church within 1.5 mins of the final wistle or Dave would have that 'pissed off' look on his face] thats a long way along witton lane
7. training in giving the one fingered salute to away couches as they depart for home [yes you are still at VP when they leave!]

I think Dave is offering and NVQ in Fanzine selling this year

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »

1. training in giving 'the medusa look' to those inquiring if it is the programme
2. training in refusing to return money to the aforementioned who think its the programme
3. training in multi tasking [i.e talking and still spotting sales as they walk on past]
4. voice training to get the 'Heroes and Villians thee Villa fanzine' just right
6. fitness speed training [we had to get from the North Stand to outside the Church within 1.5 mins of the final wistle or Dave would have that 'pissed off' look on his face] thats a long way along witton lane
7. training in giving the one fingered salute to away couches as they depart for home [yes you are still at VP when they leave!]

I think Dave is offering and NVQ in Fanzine selling this year

With three or four on each that must be the Wigan contingent !

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »

I think Dave is offering an NVQ in Fanzine selling this year

Can't really argue with any of that.

Offline cumgetus

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
cheers dave for answerin the question about the book
bro and me a bit gutted what with going  to wembly twice and the nite at vp with blackburn
thought it would have been other good read
and as he lives in ny and can,t get here to often he would have love it
o well his fault he married a yank and lives there

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
bro and me a bit gutted what with going  to wembly twice and the nite at vp with blackburn

They were great, and we enjoyed doing them, but I was stuck over the summer with the Pocket Book (out in October) and another project which has been put back due to the publisher going out of business so there just wasn't enough time to get it out.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:15 PM »
Ah come

They were great, and we enjoyed doing them, but I was stuck over the summer with the Pocket Book (out in October) and another project which has been put back due to the publisher going out of business so there just wasn't enough time to get it out.
Ah come on Dave.
I too really enjoy the season review books and have them all so far. Why not delegate? No panic ,get it out in a few months time.
Looking forward to H&V dropping through my letterbox during the week. I only get to Villa Park once a season if Im lucky and the books and the fanzine are invaluable to me to keep informed as to whats going on at the club I'v supported and loved since I was a wee lad about 27 years ago.Keep up the good work.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
When I say invaluable, it doesn't mean I'm going to pay any extra!!!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 10:36:45 AM »
Just subscribed for the first time! Looking forward to my copy arriving!

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »
Pages 4 and 45 in my copy are completely blank. Anyone else?

Offline paul96

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 06:56:04 PM »
Hi, i'm a subscriber and normally my copy arrives on the morning of the match, but this morning no sign of it, as anyone else not received theres?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
Hi, i'm a subscriber and normally my copy arrives on the morning of the match, but this morning no sign of it, as anyone else not received theres?

Everybody. The entire delivery got stuck behind a car on fire on the M5 yesterday, which meant the subscriber copies had to be taken to Newtown sorting office for the last collection. And on the way there my car broke down. They got there last last night and should be arriving on Monday. Any subscriber who hasn't got a copy on the day of the match, see me and I'll give you another.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »
If you only subscribed today do you miss the first issue or will it be on at a later date?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal