collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ever been to a non villa game at small heath?  (Read 38716 times)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Re: Ever been to a non villa game at small heath?
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
Went to Maine Road with our kid to see their last-minute Cup semi-final defeat to Fulham. The blokes from his work had a mini-bus but, typically, couldn't fill it without asking Villa fans to help them out.

I've had more fun, but not much.
So you missed a Villa home game to watch that shower!!!!!

Naughty naughty.......we were at home to Cardiff that night if memory serves!!!

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2013, 06:12:20 AM »
Only been to two Blues game. One home 0-2 and the reverse fixture 0-3 I believe. My mate wouldn't drive his car up from Brighton as it had a Villa sticker so we had to get a hire car. We left about 10 minutes from the end to avoid any trouble. Which wasn't there as they were all inside celebrating. So yeah, not very good times for me.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:52 PM »
Went to Maine Road with our kid to see their last-minute Cup semi-final defeat to Fulham. The blokes from his work had a mini-bus but, typically, couldn't fill it without asking Villa fans to help them out.

I've had more fun, but not much.
So you missed a Villa home game to watch that shower!!!!!

Naughty naughty.......we were at home to Cardiff that night if memory serves!!!

Blame Our Kid. I went where he took me in those days. Thankfully that was overwhelmingly down The Villa.

Offline PatPatPatPatPatMcMahon

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Much to much shame, the first match I ever went to was at St Andrews. I still don't know why but then again I was only 8 at the time. Maybe my old man got some tickets free or something. We lived in Bordesley Green East so it was only down the road.  An FA Cup game. Tottenham. 0-0. Even though it was in 1967 I remember it being boring, clear as anything. I've just looked it up on t'internet and found the Blues lost the replay 6-0 at White Hart Lane. Wish we'd gone to that one instead.

Never been back unless the Villa were playing, and I don't plan to change that trend.

PS I see that Geoff Vowden and Trevor Hockey both scored for the Blues in their FA Cup run, so I was at least watching future Villa men. That gets me off the hook a bit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:46:48 PM by PatPatPatPatPatMcMahon »

Offline PGW

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2014, 11:53:48 AM »
Much to much shame, the first match I ever went to was at St Andrews. I still don't know why but then again I was only 8 at the time. Maybe my old man got some tickets free or something. We lived in Bordesley Green East so it was only down the road.  An FA Cup game. Tottenham. 0-0. Even though it was in 1967 I remember it being boring, clear as anything. I've just looked it up on t'internet and found the Blues lost the replay 6-0 at White Hart Lane. Wish we'd gone to that one instead.

Never been back unless the Villa were playing, and I don't plan to change that trend.

PS I see that Geoff Vowden and Trevor Hockey both scored for the Blues in their FA Cup run, so I was at least watching future Villa men. That gets me off the hook a bit.
You don't have to feel shame for going to this game.....i was at this one myself supporting spurs though, went with schoolmates.
Like yourself my first ever game was at St Andrews v Everton 1960.....i didn't enjoy it and my mate's dad took me down VP a couple of weeks later.....that was it...hooked and in love.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2014, 03:27:15 PM »
For a short period, in 68/9 I used to go down the Villa and SH alternate weeks.

They had some really good attacking players in those days -Pickering, Greenhoff, Summerill and Vincent.

I recall a game against Huddersfield where Geoff Vowden came on as a half-time sub and scored a hat-trick!

These Villa boys, eh?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »
My first "top flight" match was Wolves v Liverpool 1974 because my next door neighbour ( a pool fan) was too scared to go on his own and I had been tearing around at Stourbridge for a year. He was in his 30's and I was 15.
0-0 bore draw

Offline PGW

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »
For a short period, in 68/9 I used to go down the Villa and SH alternate weeks.

They had some really good attacking players in those days -Pickering, Greenhoff, Summerill and Vincent.

I recall a game against Huddersfield where Geoff Vowden came on as a half-time sub and scored a hat-trick!

These Villa boys, eh?
He was first sub to come on and score a hat trick.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »
Went to watch them draw 0-0 with Forest just before Xmas last year as a friend had a free ticket, was an incredibly dull game apart from a sending off and 20 man brawl at the end.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »
In the early sixties my father used to regularly take me to the Villa one week and Small Heath the next. For some reason i used to love him taking me to Villa Park but not the Sty . Might well have been because of the piss that used to run down the terrace  from the toilet at the top of the Spion Kop .Even in them days they were dirty bastards

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal