collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ever been to a non villa game at small heath?  (Read 38766 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Ever been to a non villa game at small heath?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
Went to the 2-2 when eduardo got crocked.

and a 1-1 with newcastle in the same season, good games actually though  the songs were shit:

"duh duh duh duhhhhh, fucking useless"  

and "KEEP RIGHT ON to the....*murmurs into the one bloke who knows it*

not kidding, that was literally all they sang.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
I would neer step foot in there even if Villa WERE playing.  I go to loads of away games and in fact the Sty and Hull are the only Prem grounds I have not been to (to be corrected tomo).  I wouldn't give them my money for a start, plus they are animals.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »
and whats wrong with hull?

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
Been a few times not for a while though. The last time was a dull mid-week draw with Norwich in the championship. I was hideously drunk.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Quote from: "Holtenderinthesky"
I would neer step foot in there even if Villa WERE playing.  I go to loads of away games and in fact the Sty and Hull are the only Prem grounds I have not been to (to be corrected tomo).  I wouldn't give them my money for a start, plus they are animals.

At last,someone who wouldnt go to the place under any circumstances,not even for a villa game.Reminds me a few years back we got a taxi from the middle of liverpool to anfield,the evertonian driver actually stopped a few streets short refusing to go any nearer.

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »
Many times, when I started going to pro football I went round with a group of mixed fans (mainly Villa, but also Bloose, Walsall, Wolves and a Leeds fan).  If our team were away and we couldn't get to the game we would go to which ever promised to be the most entertaining locally.

Shocking admission: the first time I saw a pro team was when the scum went to Alvechurch to celebrate the switch on of their newly installed flood-lights.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Once for a game, they were playing Barnsley in 1986 in front of about five a half thousand, I think we lasted until half an hour in, utter garbage.  Also went for a corporate jolly to the ground when there was no game on, I got told off by the commissionaire for taking the piss out of the trophy cabinet and then threatened with a good hiding for telling the noses there that I had wandered onto the field and pissed in the eighteen yard box, it wasn't true though.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 06:15:24 PM »
Some years ago me and my mate decided to see how the other half live and went to Small Heath V Albion at The Sty.

Being from bandit country (Sheldon) we naturally went in the Tilton with the Baggies brains trust.

The place had that dead, hopeless, moribund feeling. Half empty with both teams pissing around at the bottom of the second division.

Then who should pop up with a last minute winner for the Albion? Why the one and only Robert Hopkins. The away end went mad.
So did me and my mate, driven crazy by the irony of the whole situation.
Our most hated rivals loosing in the last minute to our second most hated rivals with a goal scored by the most odious 'nose in christendom, against his favourite team.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
Once.

In my defence I went with my old man, a Leyton Orient fan, to see them play SHA in one of those third-rate cup competitions in the mid 1990s (I think).

Fortunately (but it's all relative) we were in with the O's fans.

Can't remember anything about it other than one of the away supporters, a skinhead wearing a white chip shop coat, punching an errant clearance (and there were plenty) back on to the pitch.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »
Quote from: "Chipsticks"
and whats wrong with hull?

Nothing, that I know of.  I'm going tomo for the 1st time.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
I saw them play Hibs in a friendly in about 67/68 and Nottm Forest in a League Cup Match. That would have been about 1970.

Offline ez

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
I went to see them get relegated against Southampton i think. It was great.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
It was the Blues first game in division 3 (against Crewe) I'd planned to go to Forest away and spent what seemed like an eternity waiting for the 63 bus in Rubery to take me to town, the longer I waited the more I realised I wasn't going to make the train.

I walked into the Pet shop (owned by a mate) distraught, he said I should go and watch the Blues, at 17 It was still new to me and thought of going there scared me as I thought they'd know I was there as a Villa fan.

I was wearing my Villa shirt and had to go to Fosters and buy a cheap t-shirt and leave the Villa top in the shop. All I can remember was how hot it was and that they won 3-0.

Upon my return I heard George Gavin harping on about the way Villa fans had been treated in Nottingham and kept in a cage at the station, I tried calling Gavin and told him the day I'd had and asked him to fill me in on their plight, he told me to stop telling tales and hung up.

Offline villajk

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14:47 PM »
I went once.  I can't remember who with, although it was probably my ex, or who they were playing.

Once was enough.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
Never.  Haven't even driven past it in the car, the closest I've been is probably the Coventry Road.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal