collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2010 Transfer Thread: B*llsh*t, Rumours & Wishes  (Read 1031391 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Summer 2010 Transfer Thread: B*llsh*t, Rumours & Wishes
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Kelly"
Hart has already agreed to stay at the Rags next season on loan.

I missed that one.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34:23 AM »
Can I have a coach, please Bob?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
Quote from: "PaulTheVillan"
Quote from: "Mark Kelly"
Hart has already agreed to stay at the Rags next season on loan.

I missed that one.

I don't think we need a new keeper this summer anyway!

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
Goal - This concerns me of late.  I think Hart would be ideal. It would also be worth another look at either Ben Foster or Robert Green??  Friedel isn't as agile and able to get across his goal as he once did, whereas I had high hopes of Guzan but the last few games he started he looked lost at times.

Mid - Arteta would be a great shout but can't see Everton parting with him.  Whereas Parker has done well this season at WHU and you can just see them parting company with at the end of the season.

Fwd - I would still like to take a punt on Robbie Keane, but think this will remain the toughest and most controversal position to fill.  I think MoN will think that in the Fonz, we have a potential premiership star and may look to give him a bigger part to play next season.  But I hope to god that we are able to bring a quality striker in, would love to see a proper number 9 back at VP.

DF - Luke Young! Luke Young! Luke Young! I hear he's not getting many games at the mo', and would be an ideal RB.  Just hope MoN starts to f*****g realise that!!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
If the stories about tightening the budget are true - and to be honest, if i were Randy Lerner, I'd be looking at some of the hardly-ever-used big earners in the squad who could fetch a decent fee, I'd be telling him the same thing - then it is essential that we start looking to get better value for our money.

That means looking to foreign leagues, where we won't have to pay the premiums of home based players.

Either that or signing players who aren't significantly better than the ones we have, and I know which route I prefer.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:36 AM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
If the stories about tightening the budget are true - and to be honest, if i were Randy Lerner, I'd be looking at some of the hardly-ever-used big earners in the squad who could fetch a decent fee, I'd be telling him the same thing - then it is essential that we start looking to get better value for our money.

That means looking to foreign leagues, where we won't have to pay the premiums of home based players.

Either that or signing players who aren't significantly better than the ones we have, and I know which route I prefer.

Didn't Martin make a comment not too long ago that the 'foreign bargains' just aren't there anymore?  

However, I'd agree that we need to go abroad, but for me it's as I don't think those that would improve us are readily available here and not that they're more expensive!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
Arteta would be great but he'll leave Evrrton for a bigger stage than us.

This summer we need:

A Petrov replacement
A creative central mid
At least one proven goalscorer

it won't be easy and I don't know who they are, but we need them and ideally the should be significant improvements on what we have now rather than more of the same.

So you'd replecae all of our central midfield? Do that and I reckon we lose Milner, that's where he wants to play and he's not going to be happy shunted back out wide. I'd also like to see how Delph works out before putting further obstacles to his progress.

The biggest priority is a predatory striker, somebody to play with Gabby. Another Gary Shaw would be my choice.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »
No, I'd replace Petrov and look for a different option in the middle.

It isn't about keeping Milner or Downing happy, it is about doing what we need to get the team as strong as possible, surely?

It's a big ask for Delph, he's barely played outside the third flight. I'm not too sure we should be expecting him to step up quite so quickly.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
Don't understand people mentioning Jamie O'Hara. I'd like to think we'd aim a bit higher than a Spurs reject who's not actually that good.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 10:10:17 AM »
If we have to sign a keeper I like the Coventry keeper Westwood.

I think we need a new right back, not as cover but as replacement for Luke Young as O'Neill doesn't seem to rate him. Not sure who but there's bound to be a decent one out there.

Creative midfielder and goalscorer needed.

OUT
Shorey £2m - Fulham
Beye £0.5m - Newcastle
Harewood £1m - plenty of clubs would pay that
Sidwell £2m - anyone, please
Reo-Coker £4m - Spurszzz to add to their collection of midfielders
Carew £5m - Spurszzz
Marshall Free
Salifou Free

IN
Westwood £2m
Some right back £3m
Van der Vaart (well I can dream) - £11m
Bent £12m - if Sunderland go down, otherwise...
Santa Cruz £12m (not sure we'd pay that much but made him same price as Bent for ease of calculation).

Net spend...

£13.5m. Take into account extra £3m from shirt sponsorship and that's only £10.5m... a snip!

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »
great another transfer thread

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
No, I'd replace Petrov and look for a different option in the middle.

It isn't about keeping Milner or Downing happy, it is about doing what we need to get the team as strong as possible, surely?

It's a big ask for Delph, he's barely played outside the third flight. I'm not too sure we should be expecting him to step up quite so quickly.

There are few better central midfield players than Milner, he's twice the player O'Hara is for example. We should be building the side around getting the best out of him but I agree that will mean in the not too distant future replacing Petrov and I've high hopes that will be with Delph so would like to se him eased into the side over the course of next season. If we sell Sidwell and/or NRC then we should be looking to get replacements. Generally the midfield has worked well but we've not been finishing off the work they do with enough regularity over the season, although that has improved in recent weeks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
Quote from: "hawkeye"
great another transfer thread

&hl=en_GB&fs=1&">
&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »
Quote from: "Can Carew Be Bothered!?!?"
Don't understand people mentioning Jamie O'Hara. I'd like to think we'd aim a bit higher than a Spurs reject who's not actually that good.

Harsh.

O'Hara may not be a world beater, but he is a good player and is young enough that he may well go on to become a great one.  I think we should be after better this summer for Petrov's position, but wouldn't turn my nose up if MON did go for him!

Offline Killabeaversaveatree

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »
Quote from: "LeeB"
Eden Hazzard and Carlton Cole.

Both gettable, and both would improve the two areas that need strengthening.

Not really keen on Cole, but at least that's realistic. I'd like to add that chinese fella kim young lee il wang or something. He's looked quite good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal