collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cricket 2010 Thread  (Read 83058 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 09:17:46 AM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
Its pathetic how we give the convicts as many tickets as they like while they try to limit ours. We should just refuse to play and keep the Ashes forever.

They don't travel in anything like the numbers we do so it's not really an issue. I reckon there were only about 300 hundred of them on the 2 days I was at Edgbaston last year.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Its pathetic how we give the convicts as many tickets as they like while they try to limit ours. We should just refuse to play and keep the Ashes forever.

They don't travel in anything like the numbers we do so it's not really an issue. I reckon there were only about 300 hundred of them on the 2 days I was at Edgbaston last year.

300 hundred is 30,000. I didn't see that many!

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Jameson"
I predict Yorkshire will field the most English born players amongst all the counties but their leading run scorer by a mile will be a South African and it won't be enough to prevent them being relegated.

Adil Rashid will have a loss of form ater being treated shabbily by England in the winter.

He hasn't lost his form yet though, he's taken 3 - 13 off 3 overs for England Lions against the England first team.

Time for a run in the first team for Mr Rashid; they did the same with Broad in 2006 and it worked for him. Rashid has to be worth a punt especially with the world 20/20 around the corner.

Edit the first team have lost by 5 wickets to the Lions.

Oh dear

Offline Mazrim

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »
I definitely rate Rashid. Big future for him if he gets the right advice and coaching.

A leggy who can bat and field? Yes please.

Kieswetter is making a big case for the gloves. I can see him being ODI keeper very soon and pushing Prior hard for the test position too.
I'd certainly play him and Rashid in the 20/20 matches.

Trott
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Wright
Rashid
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Woakes

Offline Chris Smith

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »
Quote from: "Villan For Life"
Quote from: "Chris Jameson"
I predict Yorkshire will field the most English born players amongst all the counties but their leading run scorer by a mile will be a South African and it won't be enough to prevent them being relegated.

Adil Rashid will have a loss of form ater being treated shabbily by England in the winter.

He hasn't lost his form yet though, he's taken 3 - 13 off 3 overs for England Lions against the England first team.

Time for a run in the first team for Mr Rashid; they did the same with Broad in 2006 and it worked for him. Rashid has to be worth a punt especially with the world 20/20 around the corner.

Edit the first team have lost by 5 wickets to the Lions.

Oh dear

He should be allowed time to learn his trade in county cricket rather than pushed into Test cricket before he's ready. He has talent but he's still a relative novice and in any case are you going to drop our best bowler this winter to accomodate him?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »
I'm a big fan of Rashid but have said all along he needs another season or two playing for Yorkshire. He is a genuine allrounder, his fieldings excellent.

Offline Simon Ward

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
Bears definitely still need another bowler.

Offline Villan For Life

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:28 PM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
I definitely rate Rashid. Big future for him if he gets the right advice and coaching.

Kieswetter is making a big case for the gloves. I can see him being ODI keeper very soon and pushing Prior hard for the test position too.

Trott
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Wright
Rashid
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Woakes

I like the look of that side, even though it is 25% South African!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »

That's their fault not ours. Why should England fans who passionately want to watch their team be penalised because the Ossies can't be arsed? It's just an extension of the disgraceful White Australia Policy. A bunch of bigots who hate foreigners should not be tolerated.

Offline villaross

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »
Quote from: "Villan For Life"
Quote from: "Mazrim"

Trott
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Wright
Rashid
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Woakes

I like the look of that side, even though it is 25% South African!

25% of our side has always been South African so there is no change there!!

Offline Chris Smith

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

That's their fault not ours. Why should England fans who passionately want to watch their team be penalised because the Ossies can't be arsed? It's just an extension of the disgraceful White Australia Policy. A bunch of bigots who hate foreigners should not be tolerated.

Perhaps we should send a couple of gunboats into Sydney harbour to remind them who is in charge.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
Quote from: "villaross"

25% of our side has always been South African so there is no change there!!

Evidently the jokedoing the rounds amongst the South African press during the last tour was ' Where will the England players spend xmas day? Visiting their family.'

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »

Perhaps we should send a couple of gunboats into Sydney harbour to remind them who is in charge.

Tis the only way they will learn, bloody foreigners! Oophs I've contradicted my own post!

Offline Villan For Life

Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 08:48:18 AM »
Did anyone catch the last session in the India - South Africa test yesterday?

SA's last 3 batsmen lasted 50 + overs between and Harbhajan Singh took the final wicket with 9 balls left to wrap up an innings victory. Amla batted for 499 minutes and scored 123.

It was fascinating Test Cricket.

It can only be good for Test Cricket that the Indian public have woken up to the fact that they are top of the Test rankings. One day and Twenty20 in particular was in danger of relegating the longer form to minor status. The wealth of the Indian board makes them the global powerhouse in world cricket and following their World Twenty20 win and the creation of the IPL, test cricket was on its way out.

Now, enthusiasm is back and the crowds are returning to the Test matches.

They are a wonderful team and a delight to watch. I hope that they remain in the forefront of Test cricket for a while yet.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Cricket 2010 Thread
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »
England going well in the 20/20 warm-up game against Pakistan.

Pakistan 39 for 4 off 8.3.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal