collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa. Mutu has failed another drugs test.  (Read 6868 times)

Offline boboonthecorner

0% Villa. Mutu has failed another drugs test.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
Quote from: "junxs"
Quote from: "boboonthecorner"
Quote from: "John M"
Bet someone still suggests we sign him on the transfer thread.

I bet plenty of people will still say that 'He deserves another chance'.

What a load of bollocks.........

Paul Merson.

What about him?

Offline Boatengs_Forehead

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
Quote from: "spaf"
Ridiculous verdict.

Why?

Chelsea chose to sack him.  They could've sold him when his ban was up.  He breached his contract and they chose to terminate it but it seems to be a dangerous precedent to somehow make him responsible for the transfer fee as well?!  Plus, how is he supposed to get on with his career with that ridiculous amount of debt hanging over him?  Give the guy a break for God's sake.

Offline spaf

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »
Quote from: "Boatengs_Forehead"
Ridiculous verdict.

Why?

Chelsea chose to sack him.  They could've sold him when his ban was up.  He breached his contract and they chose to terminate it but it seems to be a dangerous precedent to somehow make him responsible for the transfer fee as well?!  Plus, how is he supposed to get on with his career with that ridiculous amount of debt hanging over him?  Give the guy a break for God's sake.
That's how I see it too. Chelsea have dealt with this in a "can we nail him?" mentality and released the legal hounds to chew his ass. Rather than being reasonable and working out a compromise of some sort. It's not his fault that they paid £16m or whatever for him.

It's Fiorentina who sold Chelsea the dodgy merchandise, possibly without full disclosure of his leisurely habits. Why not sue them? Of course it's easier to sue a footballer. Roman's lawyers must be proud of themselves.

If I buy a Whirlpool washing machine from Appliance Town Midwest and it breaks right away should I sue the washing machine? If the customer had bought the dead parrot, should he have sued it for not waking up?

I know it's the law and all that, but it's just a matter of who you hire to bend it in your favour. Exxon got verdict for Valdes after 25 years of cuntishness and winners define right and wrong after wars.

There may have been a drugs clause in his contract, but as I said: ridiculous.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 02:17:15 AM »
Does not deserve another chance. He is a disgrace and should be seen to be a clear case in football that there is no place in football for drug takers ...........

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »
Quote from: "WALTERS WARRIORS"
Does not deserve another chance. He is a disgrace and should be seen to be a clear case in football that there is no place in football for drug takers ...........

It's not about another chance, it's about £14 million.

I too think it's absurd, Abramovich should be ashamed.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »
Ridiculous verdict.

Why?

That's how I see it too. Chelsea have dealt with this in a "can we nail him?" mentality and released the legal hounds to chew his ass. Rather than being reasonable and working out a compromise of some sort. It's not his fault that they paid £16m or whatever for him.

It's Fiorentina who sold Chelsea the dodgy merchandise, possibly without full disclosure of his leisurely habits. Why not sue them? Of course it's easier to sue a footballer. Roman's lawyers must be proud of themselves.

If I buy a Whirlpool washing machine from Appliance Town Midwest and it breaks right away should I sue the washing machine? If the customer had bought the dead parrot, should he have sued it for not waking up?

I know it's the law and all that, but it's just a matter of who you hire to bend it in your favour. Exxon got verdict for Valdes after 25 years of cuntishness and winners define right and wrong after wars.

There may have been a drugs clause in his contract, but as I said: ridiculous.

Surely football is a business that is subject to contract law. Mutu was obviously in breach of contract and therefore wide open for a law suit like this. Chelsea have been more than entitled to go after Mutu and I don't blame them.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
Ridiculous verdict.

Why?

They bought a player who was hot property so paid the required funds to get him. He's then banned for a year for drug taking so surely he's damaged goods? It's his fault that his value has then decreased dramatically because of this and you think Chelsea should just accept it?

To make things worse he's now failed another drugs test and people are still saying 'give the guy a break'? For ***** sake the bloke is in a privileged position that most of us will never ever experience, why on Earth should I feel any sympathy? Most of us would give anything to have been in a similar situation and all he's done is abuse the chances he's been given. Even after the £14m fine I'm sure him and his family are still set for life.....

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
Quote from: TimTheVillain
Quote from: "WALTERS WARRIORS"

It's not about another chance, it's about £14 million.

I too think it's absurd, Abramovich should be ashamed.

The 14 million is only the legal side. The more serious side is drug taking ....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal