collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 09:31:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 09:31:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Re: Who should create the Atmosphere? by Pat McMahon
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 09:31:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:31:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:31:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs in trouble  (Read 144301 times)

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
Quote from: "John M"
The biggest could be yet to come if Liverpool don't make the CL.  The loss of income could be catastrphic, mainly in terms of debt servicing!

I was hoping for this, then I read the other day that financing is almost in place for Stanley Park and they're about to begin building it! How've they managed that then? Or are they just lying to the council in order to be included in the world cup bid?

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 01:48:36 PM »
Quote from: "pdiddybaby"
Well 1_Pablo_Angel not surprised at all by that post, it is shocking that Gaydamek was even allowed to take over given his father failed the fit and proper persons test yet it was rumoured his father was behind it all.

Can the fans call in the police over this ?

I don't see why not. Prosecuting anyone would surely be a collossal task though, across foreign countries and bank accounts and presumably these guys are fairly good at covering their tracks.

The Ameris holdings loan part of what I posted seems incredible on the face of it. Surely someone should investigate?

Also, Gaydamak (who is still listed as a creditor!!) said the other day, with regard to 'wanting his money', that he had no idea who was in charge of the club now. Why doesn't he ask that long list of his known associates who have just been recruited? Surely they must know who's employing them?

The whole business seems absolutely farcical and when the only action taken even at this very late stage, is for the Premier League to occasionally say they are closely monitoring the situation is the worst kind of comedy.

Offline pdiddybaby

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
Quote from: "1_Pablo_Angel"
Quote from: "pdiddybaby"
Well 1_Pablo_Angel not surprised at all by that post, it is shocking that Gaydamek was even allowed to take over given his father failed the fit and proper persons test yet it was rumoured his father was behind it all.

Can the fans call in the police over this ?

I don't see why not. Prosecuting anyone would surely be a collossal task though, across foreign countries and bank accounts and presumably these guys are fairly good at covering their tracks.

The Ameris holdings loan part of what I posted seems incredible on the face of it. Surely someone should investigate?

Also, Gaydamak (who is still listed as a creditor!!) said the other day, with regard to 'wanting his money', that he had no idea who was in charge of the club now. Why doesn't he ask that long list of his known associates who have just been recruited? Surely they must know who's employing them?

The whole business seems absolutely farcical and when the only action taken even at this very late stage, is for the Premier League to occasionally say they are closely monitoring the situation is the worst kind of comedy.

at least an inquiry by the police would freeze the bank accounts somewhat and stop the rape of this club

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
Quote from: "1_Pablo_Angel"
Quote from: "John M"
The biggest could be yet to come if Liverpool don't make the CL.  The loss of income could be catastrphic, mainly in terms of debt servicing!

I was hoping for this, then I read the other day that financing is almost in place for Stanley Park and they're about to begin building it! How've they managed that then? Or are they just lying to the council in order to be included in the world cup bid?

If they're committed to a new stadium and all the expenditure that entails, then it could be an even worse situation if they don't finish 4th!!

Offline sendō WHU

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
Once again, far far too much money in the game. How long before another club 'does a Leeds?' In fact, I'm amazed that no-one has done it since (I'm not sure that Charlton and Leicester really count).

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
Quote from: "sendō WHU"
Once again, far far too much money in the game. How long before another club 'does a Leeds?' In fact, I'm amazed that no-one has done it since (I'm not sure that Charlton and Leicester really count).

I suppose a few thought that Newcastle might be the next 'big' team to drop down the leagues but they seem to have steadied the ship.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:02 PM »

I think Portsmouth is different to the Leeds situation, but could have a similar result!

Offline pdiddybaby

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »

actually there is not enough money to satisfy the wage demands, thats the problem. A club like Portsmouth relied on the owner basically paying the wages, once he never they were stuffed as wages have to be paid at the agreed rate.

that is why at Villa we are OK, the wage bill is not that bad, when compared to others but it must be controlled vis a vis the income.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »
Quote from: "Kent Neilsens Screamer"

I suppose a few thought that Newcastle might be the next 'big' team to drop down the leagues but they seem to have steadied the ship.

Actually, Ashley seems to have done a reasonably decent job to sort out the mess, once he stopped pandering to the fans.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
I read somewhere that Portsmouth are paying John Utaka 80,000 a week.

If that's the case then you've got to wonder what the fuck Peter Storrie was doing when these contracts were agreed.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
Quote from: "maidstonevillain"

Actually, Ashley seems to have done a reasonably decent job to sort out the mess, once he stopped pandering to the fans.

Ashley didn't even do due dilligence when he bought Newcastle. He then discovered debts stashed away all over the place.

You have to wonder what he was on when he bought the club like that.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

If that's the case then you've got to wonder what the fuck Peter Storrie was doing when these contracts were agreed.

Lining his pockets in the process ...alledgedly

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

Being creative, allegedly.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Clubs in trouble
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »
Crystal Palace have not paid their players for December.  I heard they are relying on Moses  leaving to help them. Jesus what next?

Offline pdiddybaby

Clubs in trouble
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »
Quote from: "maidstonevillain"

actually Ashley had to inject another £40m a few weeks ago to make sure they could keep the team as it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal