collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Non-League Thread  (Read 320684 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: The Non-League Thread
« Reply #3360 on: October 15, 2018, 01:37:07 PM »
Been Southport a few times.  Its  still really a league ground.   Hate the way  they have segregated the stands.

Did you go anywhere in the end?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
  • GM : 01.01.2015
« Reply #3361 on: October 15, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »
Me and joe c went to Stour. The opposition's assistant manager was sent off, got into at least three arguments with spectators along the touchline then had a fight with a steward.

Online Nev

« Reply #3362 on: October 15, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
Me and joe c went to Stour. The opposition's assistant manager was sent off, got into at least three arguments with spectators along the touchline then had a fight with a steward.

He'd already been warned numerous times for encroachment.  He had a spell at Small Heath as a player, not that I'm suggesting anything of course.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3363 on: October 15, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »

Offline Rotterdam 82

« Reply #3364 on: October 18, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
On the slim chance anyone wants to go, Bromsgrove are playing a memorial game for Thomas Jones who died recently. He played for Bromsgrove at junior levels. The game is at the Vic on the 16th October, 7.45KO against RAF FC.

This is about Tom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-45720641
What an incredible evening.

It was so moving, as over 1600 people turned out to pay their respects to Tom and to support his family. What incredibly strong and dignified people his parents are.

Over 7000 was raised on the evening.

The result was unimportant but Sporting beat the RAF Senior Representative Team 2-1.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3365 on: October 18, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »

He'd already been warned numerous times for encroachment.  He had a spell at Small Heath as a player, not that I'm suggesting anything of course.

Who was it?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3366 on: October 20, 2018, 09:17:00 AM »
Been Southport a few times.  Its  still really a league ground.   Hate the way  they have segregated the stands.

Did you go anywhere in the end?

Prescot Cables and ended up chatting to Alan Jackson who now lives on Merseyside.  He is a journo who unfortunately supports  the stripies.

Online Nev

« Reply #3367 on: October 20, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »

Who was it?

Robert Hopkins.

Not really, it was Steve Castle.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3368 on: October 20, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »

Who was it?

Robert Hopkins.

Not really, it was Steve Castle.

I vaguely remember him. I think they got him from Plymouth. He was possibly the most nondescript player in the most nondescript Small Heath squad ever, which is quite an achievement in it's own way.