collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3205687 times)

Online Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #20775 on: March 18, 2019, 04:54:27 PM »
They must be desperately hoping any punishment is applied now, because it'll hit them very hard if it's deferred until next season. They'll surely be losing their best players (well, player, Adams) in the summer, so if they're given an embargo and can't replace him and then they start the season on minus 12 points they'll have a massive task to avoid relegation.

Edit. I notice KRS has just made the same point on the Attack thread...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:56:02 PM by Chinchilla Bathhouse »

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 12.02.2020
« Reply #20776 on: March 18, 2019, 06:12:00 PM »
I'm not one to laugh at others misfortune, but, in this case I am prepared to make an exception.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #20777 on: March 18, 2019, 07:57:36 PM »
There is the temptation to enjoy the situation  but there are geniune Blue noses who don't deserve this, not to mention the staff at the club, no doubt facing an uncertain future.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #20778 on: March 18, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »
The vast majority of Bluenoses care far more about us than their own club and can get fucked. I have some sympathy for the staff that aren't similarly inclined. I won't be too upset if one of their stewards loses his job, though.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #20779 on: March 18, 2019, 08:45:43 PM »
If this was Walsall or any other small club I would genuinely feel for them and the supporters.

But when their only reason for breathing is to hate us then they can all go fuck themselves.

And that includes very good friends of mine that  are noses that are rational, decent human beings - until they talk about us.

It really is in their inbred DNA

Online Damo70

« Reply #20780 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:04 PM »
As it stands if they got a twelve point deduction this season the table would read

18th Wigan 39
19th Small Heath 38
20th Millwall 37
21st Reading 37
22nd Rotherham 36
23rd Bolton 29
24th Ipswich 24

For me Ipswich and Bolton are as good as down and Rotherham are a limited team and have to be favourites to join them. I reckon if Small Heath got an immediate points reduction they would still stay up and start next season in the Championship with a clean slate. Unless the points deduction totally messed them up psychologically.

Online KRS

« Reply #20781 on: March 18, 2019, 11:32:47 PM »
If there is a points deduction to be applied then it must be done at the start of next season otherwise the whole point of having it as a punishment is pointless. It should also be a standard precedent that this is the case for any other clubs that fail to comply with FFP or transfer embargo rules otherwise it impacts upon the legitimacy of fixtures and results for many other teams in the same league. The only complication to this is if a club gains promotion as a direct consequence of breaking the rules, so any rulings would also need to take that into account (ie promotion status rescinded with points deduction applied in the same league the following season, or promotion status retained with points deduction applied in the league above the following season).

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #20782 on: March 19, 2019, 04:44:25 AM »
I thought there was a rule about points deductions being carried over to the following season if they were awarded after 1 March?

Or is that only in the case of clubs going in to administration?

I remember the authorities bringing it in when a club (Luton?) took the piss and filed for administration at half time of the final game of the season when it was clear they were about to get related anyway.

Edit: It was Boston, not Luton (although Leeds also took the piss doing it a few days before the end of the season) and the cut off is apparently the fourth Thursday in March.  Still not sure if that rule only applies to administration though or all points deductions.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:51:30 AM by Ad@m »

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 12.02.2020
« Reply #20783 on: March 21, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »
How much longer do we have to wait for a proper good laugh?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20784 on: March 21, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »
Harry denies any responsibility for a change.  A loathsome man.

In an interview with the Telegraph, Redknapp claimed he wasn’t in control of transfers during his time in charge at St Andrew's and points the finger at the board for the mess the club are currently in.

The former Blues manager said he was never warned by those above him and that he knew nothing about Financial Fair Play.

“It’s surely down to the people who run the club, like the chief executive and the chairman, or whoever, to know if we’ve got any money to spend,” Redknapp said.

“I didn’t know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that."

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #20785 on: March 21, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
Harry denies any responsibility for a change.  A loathsome man.

In an interview with the Telegraph, Redknapp claimed he wasn’t in control of transfers during his time in charge at St Andrew's and points the finger at the board for the mess the club are currently in.

The former Blues manager said he was never warned by those above him and that he knew nothing about Financial Fair Play.

“It’s surely down to the people who run the club, like the chief executive and the chairman, or whoever, to know if we’ve got any money to spend,” Redknapp said.

“I didn’t know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that."

I leave the financial things to my dog.

Online danno

« Reply #20786 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39:09 PM »
He's not the most popular figure at Villa Park... But doesn't he have a point?  He's a manager, he goes to the chairman and asks if he can sign XYZ player.

It worked perfectly fine for him at West Ham and Tottenham where presumably a strong chairman would say "no saggy chops his wages are too high, we can't afford him etc".

its like blaming RDM and Bruce for signing players they liked, at the end of the day it was Xia who decided he was going to gamble the club on their punts.

Online KRS

« Reply #20787 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39:25 PM »
The Birmingham Mail have picked up this story with quotes from Noses saying that 'Arry is not to blame and place responsibility of the owners and chairman.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 26.01.2020
« Reply #20788 on: March 22, 2019, 07:05:33 AM »
Harry isn’t concerned with financial propriety?

Who would have thought it.

Offline Nev

« Reply #20789 on: March 22, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
The Birmingham Mail have picked up this story with quotes from Noses saying that 'Arry is not to blame and place responsibility of the owners and chairman.

Quite right.

Good old Harry, he's great isn't he? Current president of ITV after his stint in the jungle, he's a national treasure.

Wheeling and dealing, leaning out of the window on deadline day, all that success, salt of the earth-Jam Roly Poly-loves his wife-cockney geezer, a bit whey, a bit woah, should've managed England shouldn't he? Straight as a die he is, we need more like him.

No wonder this country is in the fuckin' shit.