collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3342373 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #22110 on: August 12, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
After going rather quiet the noses have started talking about us again on Small Heath Alliance. The first thing to remember is that they call us The Historians for proudly celebrating out history.

One poster reckons our early title wins shouldn't count as it was in the days before the offside rule was introduced.

But how about this for historical research - "In the 1890's there was no maximum wage and the Vile were by some distance the biggest payers in the league. They paid their players eight pound a week (about a grand in todays terms) every week even in the close season. when the next highest payers were Everton at 6 a week but that was only during the season. The Vile have only won two titles since the maximum wage was brought in. Fewer than Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday".

I don't know how much time and effort they put into that research and I suspect it is inaccurate but these are the people who call us historians.

I was under the impression that they thought our history was irrelevant.

Our past is the second-most important thing in their lives. It ranks just below our present and just above our future.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22111 on: August 12, 2019, 10:31:17 PM »
After going rather quiet the noses have started talking about us again on Small Heath Alliance. The first thing to remember is that they call us The Historians for proudly celebrating out history.

One poster reckons our early title wins shouldn't count as it was in the days before the offside rule was introduced.

But how about this for historical research - "In the 1890's there was no maximum wage and the Vile were by some distance the biggest payers in the league. They paid their players eight pound a week (about a grand in todays terms) every week even in the close season. when the next highest payers were Everton at 6 a week but that was only during the season. The Vile have only won two titles since the maximum wage was brought in. Fewer than Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday".

I don't know how much time and effort they put into that research and I suspect it is inaccurate but these are the people who call us historians.

Our past is the second-most important thing in their lives. It ranks just below our present and just above our future.

I see that now. I hope we can win them a cup soon, in a final where we soak up pressure all game and get a last minute OG to win. It'll be like when the Romans discovered that the Arabs had been using a number called Zero. It'll keep them very busy indeed.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #22112 on: August 13, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »
Cringey chants thread on SHA forum - most of the posters on there are from Leicestershire. Of course they are all from Brum while we are all from the shires. Wink wink.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #22113 on: August 19, 2019, 12:18:07 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22114 on: August 19, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

I see that now. I hope we can win them a cup soon, in a final where we soak up pressure all game and get a last minute OG to win. It'll be like when the Romans discovered that the Arabs had been using a number called Zero. It'll keep them very busy indeed.

I don't think the noses need any education on the number called zero. League titles, FA Cups, European trophies (unless you count a novelty ashtray from Las Ramblas market). They can however count to two when it comes to Leyland Daft Windscreen Wipers Trophies. Who needs Peter McParland and Peter Withe when you can worship John Gayle and 'Paul Tit'.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22115 on: August 19, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
There is a two page thread entitled 'DVB Tammy Abraham Misses a penalty for Chelsea' on that lot.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #22116 on: August 19, 2019, 04:07:40 PM »
They also had a thread on Saturday covering our defeat but as a sensible Nose pointed out it seemed bit pointless when they themselves were three nil down . I was still at New St when they started coming in on trains from Nottingham. They looked positively deflated. Coventry fans in the city centre that I saw were buzzing but no  aggro.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #22117 on: August 19, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22118 on: August 19, 2019, 10:02:16 PM »
For a bunch of fans who like to think themselves as tough guys the noses can be sensitive little souls.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22119 on: August 19, 2019, 11:26:29 PM »

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #22120 on: August 20, 2019, 12:01:00 AM »
Lolley owning the gobshites again

https://twitter.com/JLolley23/status/1163405767053139969?s=19

Lolley seems a bit of a berk to me.

It's not the brightest thing to say.

What, "been there done that" when challenged about scoring in front of the Tilton?

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #22121 on: August 20, 2019, 04:39:12 PM »
I've only just realised they now have a player called Villalba......I bet they don't like him very much!!!

Offline nodge

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #22122 on: August 20, 2019, 05:37:18 PM »
They call him Vilelba

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22123 on: August 20, 2019, 06:53:06 PM »
I bet they aren't getting many requests for his name to be put on the backs of the replica shirts.

Offline Rory Christopher

« Reply #22124 on: August 20, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
Saw a nose the other day wearing a SHA shirt which had 'ZULU' on the back. I wondered at the time whether he'd had that done elsewhere, because surely even their club shop wouldn't stoop so low as to endorse hooligani- actually, yeah...