collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3209344 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #20940 on: April 08, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »
John Gayle's goal at Wembley in the tinpot windscreen wipers shield trophy was the greatest goal ever scored at Wembley apparently. Although to be fair that year they managed to do the double and actually win a trophy of sorts and not get relegated in the same season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20941 on: April 08, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
Didn't that run start with a last-minute equaliser against someone like Rochdale?

Brentford at home in a later round they equalised in injury time and won on pens.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #20942 on: April 08, 2019, 08:26:40 PM »
Didn't that run start with a last-minute equaliser against someone like Rochdale?

Brentford at home in a later round they equalised in injury time and won on pens.

After theyd previously beaten the mighty Rochdale and MK Dons.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #20943 on: April 08, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
I  don't normally laugh at other clubs players picking up bad injuries ,but in the case of the Small Heath thug Kieftenbeld i will make a exception .It's karma for a player who tries to cripple Jack every time we play them

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20944 on: April 09, 2019, 05:55:39 AM »
To be fair to them I think they are referring to John’s last minute goal in the play offs against Millwall - I think anyway.

Offline Deano's Mullet

• Location: Formerly Kidderminster/Erdington/Redditch, now exiled in Sussex
« Reply #20945 on: April 09, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »
Lots of Blues on that website with addresses from other places like Wales, Redditch, London..... but they dont mention that amongst themselves. But none of us Villa fans come from Birmingham.....

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20946 on: April 09, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
To be fair to them I think they are referring to John’s last minute goal in the play offs against Millwall - I think anyway.

They are really not.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #20947 on: April 09, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »
Kieftenbeld out for nine months. If ever a player deserves a injury, its one that likes to rough other players up.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #20948 on: April 09, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
Kieftenbeld out for nine months. If ever a player deserves a injury, its one that likes to rough other players up.

He's about as intimidating as Julian Clary as well, just gives it the hardman in absence of actual ability.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20949 on: April 10, 2019, 06:29:46 AM »
At the risk of hand wringing, what the dickens is happening with an FA response to the assault at St Andrews? Its been weeks now.  Are they waiting fo see if a points deduction is meaningful to relegation or what?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20950 on: April 10, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »
At the risk of hand wringing, what the dickens is happening with an FA response to the assault at St Andrews? Its been weeks now.  Are they waiting fo see if a points deduction is meaningful to relegation or what?

I don't think they will have the balls to give them a points deduction when they have already had one this season. I reckon it will be a fine. They will probably have to pop into court to pay it off at twenty quid a week.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20951 on: April 10, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
There’s yet another thread about us and our ‘spawniness’ over there at the minute.  It’s been going now for quite a while.  One of them is even using the logic of us being unlucky about Vidic not being sent off in the final as a result of us using up all our luck in the semi against Blackburn. 

They’re talking about us being lucky in games that took place nine years ago.  When it comes to knowing the history of our club they really do collectively graduate with firsts.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #20952 on: April 10, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
Especially when we were cheated blind in the first leg at Blackburn, anyway. Should have had two penalties.

I don't think you can really moan about other teams being lucky when you have successive last-day survivals, one achieved because your relegation rivals had a three-nil lead against ten men wiped out by a game being abandoned, and another because you played a side who rested their entire first team in your last home game.

And, as LeeB has said, the only major one-off trophy win in their entire poxy history was because the Arse goalkeeper basically chucked it into the net in the 89th minute.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #20953 on: April 10, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
That site they have is the worst fan site I've ever seen. Kippax, you are right, they have a ridiculous knowledge when it comes to us. They're mentioning things I can barely remember, and usually my knowledge of Villa is crystal clear.

Fuck every last one of them on there with their a million and one pathetic acronyms and childish nicknames. DVB, SOTV, the vile, fannies. Yawn.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #20954 on: April 10, 2019, 04:46:44 PM »
And, as LeeB has said, the only major one-off trophy win in their entire poxy history was because the Arse goalkeeper basically chucked it into the net in the 89th minute.

In a similar vein, Wolves' last major trophy was won thanks to a Forest defender setting up Andy Gray for an open goal tap in by chesting it past his own keeper.