collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 2711144 times)

Offline K3Villa

• youth team
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
With the state of the Councils finance at the moment and an ongoing quest to cut a Billion pounds off its expenditure in the next 10 years, I'd be very surprised to see the Council getting involved with this. Mind you, I'm not sure if doing it would actually assit the Council economically. Any Economy buffs out there suggest a way it could ?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• prolific poster
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
Somebody should start a petition objecting to Council Tax payers funding the twisted fantasies of Birmingham's smallest club, or at least that any funding should be matched with a contribution to the city's most popular one.

Offline Nev

• coach
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
As regards "getting one over on the villa", they have the perfect opportunity again this season by ensuring that our supporters have to run the gauntlet of the animals on the Coventry Road when leaving their current home.

That would satisfy the majority of 'noses far more than a new stadium.

Offline Matt C

• international
  • GM : 20.04.2016
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 11:23:49 AM »
Quote from: "saunders_heroes"
Quote from: "Matt C"
We're obsessed with them though.

They're our nearest neighbours, they hate the sight of us and they do nothing but spit jealous bile at us. So why can't we give a little back occasionally?
It's perfectly natural to loath your deadliest rivals and rip the piss out of them at every given opportunity. The day the rivalry with the Sty dwellers is over will be a very sad day indeed.

I meant this is terms of ridiculing their claims that we are obsessed with them.

Offline Pete3206

• player manager
  • GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
Judging by the fall in their average attendance every season, wouldn't they be better suited going cap in hand to Walsall to arrange a ground share?

Offline Matt C

• international
  • GM : 20.04.2016
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »
The three clubs relegated from the Championship last season - Charlton, Norwich and Southampton - all averaged bigger crowds than Blose who got promoted. Joke club, joke fans. End of.

Offline Fergal

• prolific poster
  • GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
The three clubs relegated from the Championship last season - Charlton, Norwich and Southampton - all averaged bigger crowds than Blose who got promoted. Joke club, joke fans. End of.

I love that  END OF statement.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• prolific poster
    • http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »

Indeed. Tenth best supported club in the Championship with an average attendance of slightly over 19,000.

Offline JJ-AV

• coach
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
Laughable.

Offline OzVilla

• coach
  • GM : 11.08.2017
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
Quote from: "Mark Kelly"

Indeed. Tenth best supported club in the Championship with an average attendance of slightly over 19,000.

Jesus H McGrath, they are shameful statistics.

What an embarressment they are.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
  • GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
But they have more fans than us, remember? And more fans in Birmingham. And when they get in the PL their attendances will put us to shame. Oh the joy of the verbal shit that spouts out of their mouths over the years.

Offline joe_c

• player manager
  • Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 27.01.2017
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
In the USA, major league teams often threaten to up sticks and move to another city if the local authorities where they currently reside don't cough up for a new ground. I would love to see them try a similar piece of brinkmanship. Perhaps they could move back to one of their old haunts? Muntz Street would be most appropriate. Ha ha...

Offline brentastonb6

• youth team
  • GM : 20.07.2017
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 07:31:23 PM »
I for one hope they get it.... The one thing they have got at present is an intimidating home ground  with the proximity of the 'fans' to the pitchside, this wouldn't be the case in a new build ( Southampton, Derby
and the old Upton park spring to mind where home form was helped by this intimate arrangement) In a new ground the 'fans will be miles away , we might even get easier access to and from the ground as it will be better situated than the current dump. I also look forward to going there for concerts et al as that's exactly what it will be - a multi purpose venue.

In the mean time we will hopefully be playing out of a lovingly restored Villa Park  football stadium of  over 52,000 capacity in a beautiful historic setting as befits our club, let them have a new souless stadium  which they wont even own !

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• prolific poster
  • Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:02 PM »
As Paulie said at the start, they are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Pathetic shower of bastards to a man.

Offline The Man With A Stick

• player manager
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »
Quote from: "brentastonb6"
I for one hope they get it.... The one thing they have got at present is an intimidating home ground  with the proximity of the 'fans' to the pitchside, this wouldn't be the case in a new build ( Southampton, Derby
and the old Upton park spring to mind where home form was helped by this intimate arrangement) In a new ground the 'fans will be miles away , we might even get easier access to and from the ground as it will be better situated than the current dump. I also look forward to going there for concerts et al as that's exactly what it will be - a multi purpose venue.

In the mean time we will hopefully be playing out of a lovingly restored Villa Park  football stadium of  over 52,000 capacity in a beautiful historic setting as befits our club, let them have a new souless stadium  which they wont even own !

I take it you live in Birmingham?  You have no objections on a percentage of your council tax contributing to such unnecessary shite?  

If this happens i'm going to bugger off back to Sandwell.