collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 800275 times)

Offline puppyfeat

Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #1395 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
Michael Vick is still quality and is a better QB than Kolb. Philly will make a mistake if they choose Kolb over Vick.
Which by all accounts is exactly what they're going to do. Stupid stupid stupid. Still, we're only playing the Jags next week...
Great weekend for the Eagles with all our divisional rivals losing, the pick of which was the Skins going down to the Texans (my second team) who look like they might finally be about to become a team to be reckoned with.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1396 on: September 21, 2010, 08:04:56 AM »
Ray Lewis did not kill anyone, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time... and hanging around with the wrong people. Just because he was initially charged it means jack... he was cleared because there was lack of evidence against him. Besides, Lewis is a changed man... dedicated both on and off the field. Devout Christian... given a second chance in life and is a future HOF. Awesome athlete and awesome person with all the charitable work he does.

I don't condone what Vick did, but he's been given a second chance like Lewis; I hope he can make ammends, I hope he plays next week... he's too good not to.

Ray Lewis wasn't exonerated, he plead guilty to "obstruction of justice" in relation to the murder case and agreed to testify against his, previously, co-defendants.

He also reached an out of court settlement with the victims' families to prevent a civil suit going to trial.

That's all a bit more serious than being "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #1397 on: September 21, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
From the Beeb -

Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley has been found dead in his home in an apparent suicide, police in the US state of Colorado have said.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's house in Centennial on Monday and found his body in a bedroom.

He said detectives believed the 23-year-old had shot himself.

McKinley, a fifth-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, played in eight games with the Broncos as a rookie.

He was placed on injured reserve in December after suffering a knee injury.

"Everyone with the Broncos is shocked and saddened by the loss of Kenny McKinley," team president Pat Bowlen said.

"He was part of the Broncos family and will be greatly missed by our organisation. My most heartfelt condolences go out to Kenny's family and friends," he added.

In January 2007, Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed in a drive-by shooting. Three months later, back-up running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in St Louis.

Offline H00513R

« Reply #1398 on: September 21, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
My Bears are 2-0 so the NFL side is perfect. My Fighting Irish are 1-2 which takes them out of the hunt for the Championship in week 3. I have to say though, that I've never had so much fun watching a 1-2 ND team as this year. What a difference Brian Kelly is making! Just give them a couple of years and I think we will be right back up there. Wake up those echoes!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1399 on: September 21, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
That kid at QB for Michigan is pretty good. I doubt that he'll be a NFL QB but he could become a running back who can play an occasional Vick-esque role

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1400 on: September 22, 2010, 02:21:29 AM »
My Bears are 2-0 so the NFL side is perfect. My Fighting Irish are 1-2 which takes them out of the hunt for the Championship in week 3. I have to say though, that I've never had so much fun watching a 1-2 ND team as this year. What a difference Brian Kelly is making! Just give them a couple of years and I think we will be right back up there. Wake up those echoes!

I still think college football is basically silly. Get a proper league with play-offs and I might watch. Journalists shouldn't decide who the best teams are.

Enjoying the Bears' start. Jay Cutler is starting to look the real deal. I doubt our offensive line will be good enough to give him the protection he needs though. Hated Packers next... good test for us.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #1401 on: September 22, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »
I hear Jay Cutler is banging one of former stars of 'The Hills'...

Oh, and yes I totally agree with you cdvillafan about the college football system with the numerous bowls, media picking who should play in the National Final etc... It should be completely dropped and just have a normal system where the two best teams from two confrences play each other in a final like a Superbowl or whatever. College football would be much more exciting if they did it that way, and less confusing too!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1402 on: September 22, 2010, 07:48:10 AM »
......... but they're Students. They can't be taken out of class for a playoff system.

(Heavy sarcasm emoticon)

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #1403 on: September 22, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
The Eagles announce Mike Vick is going to be their starting QB... great decision from Philly and Andy Reid making a brave decision, I thought they'd stick by Kolb. Vick's gonna get verbally abused badly at away matches, i'm sure there are animal right activists looking at the Philly schedule licking their lips at which games they will attend...

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1404 on: September 22, 2010, 11:48:21 PM »
A surprising but correct move IMO by Reid

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #1405 on: September 23, 2010, 12:28:49 AM »
The Eagles announce Mike Vick is going to be their starting QB... great decision from Philly and Andy Reid making a brave decision, I thought they'd stick by Kolb. Vick's gonna get verbally abused badly at away matches, i'm sure there are animal right activists looking at the Philly schedule licking their lips at which games they will attend...
Well at least Vick won't have to face the Dawg Pound this season!

Good decision Andy.

Offline H00513R

« Reply #1406 on: September 23, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »
Bear Down, Chicago Bears!

Go Irish! Wake up those echoes! I hope Touchdown Jesus sees a lot of action tomorrow.

Its not me being my normal anti-religious self because I tend to support Boston College. However, there's just something about ND that makes me dislike them intensely.

I hate Notre Dame with a passion. 

But you guys have to realize that there is no "religious" connection to these schools other than the names.  I went to a Jesuit school, St. Joseph's, and never talk a "Jesuit" or "christian" theology class.  Instead I took Islam and Judiac Tradition for my Theology requirement.

The "religion" aspect of a private university is non-existent in anything other than name.

I just hate Notre Dame, because I am a University of Miami fan (another religion based private institution haha), and I think recent history of Notre Dame is incredibly overrated.

I hate Notre Dame.

Bear Down, Chicago Bears!

Go Irish! Wake up those echoes! I hope Touchdown Jesus sees a lot of action tomorrow.

Its not me being my normal anti-religious self because I tend to support Boston College. However, there's just something about ND that makes me dislike them intensely.

I hate Notre Dame with a passion. 

But you guys have to realize that there is no "religious" connection to these schools other than the names.  I went to a Jesuit school, St. Joseph's, and never talk a "Jesuit" or "christian" theology class.  Instead I took Islam and Judiac Tradition for my Theology requirement.

The "religion" aspect of a private university is non-existent in anything other than name.

I just hate Notre Dame, because I am a University of Miami fan (another religion based private institution haha), and I think recent history of Notre Dame is incredibly overrated.

I hate Notre Dame.

You either love them or hate them. I don't usually find anything in-between. I can't wait for the "Catholics vs. Convicts" to start up again! :)

ND IS a religion-based school in the sense that it continues to attract a large Catholic base. Just look at the Obama commencement debacle recently. They do care about it there. Me, I was born in South Bend so I grew up with ND football.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1407 on: September 24, 2010, 08:33:48 AM »

ND IS a religion-based school in the sense that it continues to attract a large Catholic base. Just look at the Obama commencement debacle recently. They do care about it there. Me, I was born in South Bend so I grew up with ND football.

Brigham Young will be going independent next season. Looks like they're trying to tap into their nationwide religious support in a similar fashion to ND

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1408 on: September 27, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
Steelers look omionous this season - if the defence holds up, then I can't see many teams giving them trouble.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1409 on: September 27, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »
I'd like to say before tonight's (tomorrow morning) game. COME ON DA BEARS!!

Wonder how our Offensive Line will do with their Linebackers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal