Off Topic > Sports Arena

The NFL Thread (with added College Football)

(1/1282) > >>

UK Redsox:
Welcome to all Villa fans who suddenly have a favourite American Football team.

I thought that in light of today's events we should have somewhere to discuss events NFL-wise.

So here it is.

No messing about please or I'll subject you all to more babbling about baseball and Tangerine Dream. [-X

Today sees the most important event in the NFL pre-season. I am of course referring to the debut of the broadcasting legend that is Tony Kornheiser on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" as they broadcast the Raiders v Vikings game.

Good luck Satch from your one and only fan in England.

The real games start in early September. I'll be in Boston for the Bills @ Patriots game on Sep 10th.

Hammer:
Go Panthers.

I worked in Charlotte for two summers, 1998 and 1999. I then went on to Chicago, Boston and New Jersey... and people tried to convert me wherever I went, but even though I don't follow the NFL too closely, I can't just change the team I follow.

That said, I hope the Browns have a good season :D

Florida Villa:
Live near Tampa , but would not follow them for obvious reasons ,  have distinct leaning towards the Eagles, but will probably make an effort to watch the Browns now  \:D/

UK Redsox:

--- Quote from: "Hammer" ---Go Panthers.

I worked in Charlotte for two summers, 1998 and 1999. I then went on to Chicago, Boston and New Jersey... and people tried to convert me wherever I went, but even though I don't follow the NFL too closely, I can't just change the team I follow.

That said, I hope the Browns have a good season :D
--- End quote ---

I went to a MNF game in Charlotte a couple of years back. I flew in that afternoon and straight out again in the morning. I really must try to get back there again some time.

Pants:
The Steelers have always been my team, the old man visited about 20 years ago and came back with shirt, cap etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version