collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Lyden after 14 years Good bye and Good luck  (Read 4876 times)

Offline footyskillz

Jordan Lyden after 14 years Good bye and Good luck
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
So after being recalled and being injured ! Jordan Lyden has today announced his departure from Aston Villa Football Club through a post on Instagram.
His post :

jordanlyden
"Unfortunately my 14 years at Aston Villa has come to an end 😔 Ive had many ups and downs throughout my time here but it’s been a very enjoyable journey 😀 would like to thank every single person involved in the club for helping me grow as a player, a person and also sticking by me through my injuries! I wish Aston Villa the very best in reaching their goal of getting back into the premier league where the club belongs! One door closes...another one opens 👀😀 now time to start a new chapter 👊🏽⚽️"

Firstly Good luck to him moving forward  !
14 years at villa and 4 appearance first team.

He moved here on a dream from Australia and hasn't worked out to the level he wanted

It shows how tough mentally as well as physically the challenge of working as a professional footballer and It would have been some hard periods in growing and developing as both a footballer and person

Jordan Lyden was essentially brought up at Aston villa boy to man and now at 23 I wish him all the best in his career .

Hopefully he finds his level and suitably.

Players like Edna Stevens have shown how they have grown and become decent level professional players

I read about Gareth Farrelly and how he struggled and Chris Herd had difficulties too

Lyden would have had his challenges in everything that involves being a footballer , being injured and I started this post to pay tribute to someone who was developed at Villa and acknowledge that despite little first team pitch time and few squad involvement he did something many dream of in playing for the fantastic Aston villa.

Good luck Jordan Lyden.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Jordan Lyden after 14 years Good bye and Good luck
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:11 PM »
Shame it didn't work out for him.  Notwithstanding the injuries it's amazing that we hadn't made up our mind about him before he was 23 given how long he's been here.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 03:09:34 PM »
The very best of luck to you

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
Rudy in Portugal will be gutted, his number one fan on here. The least he can do is bring the lad out to a Portuguese vineyard and get pissed in the spring sunshine.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
Fair play and good luck to him, for announcing his departure, well before he could have done.
I mean, that he could have been like that parasite Richards, and kept schtum until his contract ran out.
Hope his wishes for the future come true.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
Good luck to him.

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »
14 years ???  I'm sure I remember him coming into the U18s from Australia and taking the place of Malcolm Melvin.
I watched the Under 16s with Jack, Callum Robinson, Jordan Graham, Danny Crowley etc and He didn't play in that Team.
Although a reasonable player He never quite showed the quality required to make our first team. 
Good luck to him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 07:39:27 PM »
Moved to us in 2012 as far as I know.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 07:53:57 PM »
Feel sorry for the lad after so many setbacks. Back in 2016 DRM loved him and one of the players referred to him as "teachers pet". I thought he could have shadowed fellow Aussie, Jedi and saved us some money buying more defensive midfielders. Sadly, along came Bruce and played him further up the pitch which isn't playing to his strengths. Then he bought 12 midfielders.

I always saw him as a midfield destroyer who was never scared to put his foot in, great strength, engine and boy did he love a tackle. Not technically brilliant but the type of player ever team needs.

I wish him the best and hope he enjoys the rest of his career injury-free.

Offline kieron

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 08:59:21 PM »
So after being recalled and being injured ! Jordan Lyden has today announced his departure from Aston Villa Football Club through a post on Instagram.
His post :

jordanlyden
"Unfortunately my 14 years at Aston Villa has come to an end 😔 Ive had many ups and downs throughout my time here but it’s been a very enjoyable journey 😀 would like to thank every single person involved in the club for helping me grow as a player, a person and also sticking by me through my injuries! I wish Aston Villa the very best in reaching their goal of getting back into the premier league where the club belongs! One door closes...another one opens 👀😀 now time to start a new chapter 👊🏽⚽️"

Firstly Good luck to him moving forward  !
14 years at villa and 4 appearance first team.

He moved here on a dream from Australia and hasn't worked out to the level he wanted

It shows how tough mentally as well as physically the challenge of working as a professional footballer and It would have been some hard periods in growing and developing as both a footballer and person

Jordan Lyden was essentially brought up at Aston villa boy to man and now at 23 I wish him all the best in his career .

Hopefully he finds his level and suitably.

Players like Edna Stevens have shown how they have grown and become decent level professional players

I read about Gareth Farrelly and how he struggled and Chris Herd had difficulties too

Lyden would have had his challenges in everything that involves being a footballer , being injured and I started this post to pay tribute to someone who was developed at Villa and acknowledge that despite little first team pitch time and few squad involvement he did something many dream of in playing for the fantastic Aston villa.

Good luck Jordan Lyden.

Is there any particular reason why you always take up 90% of total available device screen space on every single post you make, by creating new paragraphs for every single new sentence?

It's always really, really bugged me. After refraining for such a long time, I now have to ask.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
What Skillz lacks in presentation he delivers in content, it was a great tribute I thought.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »
I hope we don't start a new thread for every player who exits VP this summer! 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 11:54:56 PM »
Feel sorry for the lad after so many setbacks. Back in 2016 DRM loved him and one of the players referred to him as "teachers pet". I thought he could have shadowed fellow Aussie, Jedi and saved us some money buying more defensive midfielders. Sadly, along came Bruce and played him further up the pitch which isn't playing to his strengths. Then he bought 12 midfielders.

I always saw him as a midfield destroyer who was never scared to put his foot in, great strength, engine and boy did he love a tackle. Not technically brilliant but the type of player ever team needs.

I wish him the best and hope he enjoys the rest of his career injury-free.

Don't recall him playing under either RDM or Bruce apart from scratch teams in cup ties I've long forgotten.

He got a few games under fecking Eric Black and looked o.k but that was one of the worst teams we've had in last 30 years.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 12:07:30 AM »

Not even good old Micah? He is leaving this summer, right?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 12:09:54 AM »

Not even good old Micah? He is leaving this summer, right?

Not necessarily, in talks about a 1 year player/coach role as he's so popular with the players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal